SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#100350 - 04/10/03 12:48 PM Re: 15" floor monitor opinions?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I was also at the same meeting with Dave. The 15 inch was a two way I believe. It was being used by itself[no other speakers],a soundcraft mixer was also used. Connected , were a wireless mic and a cabled mic. A Kurz piano module was the only instrument connected, controlled by a StudioLogic controller, just playing piano[no left hand bass]...I thought it sounded just average,, I even insulted my friend[although he agreed],that the Kurz piano did not impress me[he owned the Kurz]..Although I was never fond of the Kurzweil pianos, the Berhlinger might have been the source of my discontent..The entertainers played well[piano players]..I would like to add, I am not a Peavey fan for PA and Keyboard applications..There is a harshness[no warmth] to the sound of electronic keyboards, that even makes a good piano sound too electronic[maybe their expertise lies in guitar amps, likewise their keyboard[keys] entry was a bust]..I know this just my opinion, but I have used many better [or heard] sound systems..Yorkville, Carlsbad, Mackie, Roland and Soundtech to mention a few..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 04-10-2003).]

#100351 - 04/10/03 02:48 PM Re: 15" floor monitor opinions?
Fran Carango Offline

Blink-ers,, Do I understand you were at the dinner meeting? If so, who is the masked man?BTW, there was only one speaker[not plural] , unless they were hiding the other one..

#100352 - 04/10/03 04:39 PM Re: 15" floor monitor opinions?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran, I had the opportnity to hear a pair of Mackie's a few weeks ago, and when compared with the Peavey's they sounded marginal at best. I sincerely believe, however, that the only way to compare any sound systems is to do so using the performer's equipment--not another setup at a music store. My father always said "Ya gotta' compare apples with apples."

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#100353 - 04/10/03 06:07 PM Re: 15" floor monitor opinions?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I was there. The name has been changed to protect the innocent.

#100354 - 04/10/03 06:34 PM Re: 15" floor monitor opinions?
Fran Carango Offline

Come on all ready! What table did you sit at? Your initials? anything? Your not wanted by the police, are you?Do I know you?Would I want to?[just kidding]..

#100355 - 04/10/03 10:15 PM Re: 15" floor monitor opinions?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, I feel it is easier to express myself in this forum in this way.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online